MICHIGAN PA-118/32 REQUIRED READING COURSE
This law, PA118/32, which went into effect July 1, 2009, requires all Michigan teachers to take a reading diagnosis and differentiated instruction class prior to receiving their Professional certification. This is a State of Michigan requirement.
- Marygrove has a 3-credit, online course, RDG 510, which meets this requirement.
- If you are currently in a degree program, RDG 510 will qualify for financial aid.
- The course runs twice per semester in the Fall and Winter, and one additional time late April to mid-June.
- You will have an online instructor (mentor) for this course.
- The cost of the course is approximately $1458 for current students.
- The cost of the course is approximately $1583 for special students.
- You must buy your own books.
- A book flyer is attached
I am not currently a Marygrove student. What do I do?
If you are not currently a Marygrove student you can take this course as a “Special Student”.
1. Please contact Recruitment and Enrollment Support at (313) 927-1240 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about Special Student Status. There is an additional $25 application fee for special student status.
2. You Must fill out the Special Student Application and the Special Student Registration forms and send them, along with a check for $25 made out to Marygrove College, and a copy of your teaching license to Recruitment and Enrollment Support / Marygrove College / 8425 West McNichols Road / Detroit, MI 48221
3. Buy your books: Please click here. You may use any book vendor you choose. Be sure to buy your books in time to receive them before class starts.
4. NOTE – You do not have to purchase MyEducationLab separately. You also do not have to register online for MyEducationLab. This course uses the videos from MyEducationLab which are bundled into the course materials.
If you are currently a Marygrove Student, please contact your program coordinator.