ZipGrade: A Cool New Test Grading App for Teachers
We love teaching, but grading tests…not so much. One of our colleagues just turned us on to a new app called ZipGrade that takes most, if not all, of the sting out of test grading.
Here’s how it works:
- Students turn in their completed answer-sheets—they can fill these out with pen or pencil, by the way!
- You open up the ZipGrade app on your iPhone or iPad
- Now hold the phone over the answer sheet as though you’re going to take a picture of it
- Your phone will vibrate once ZipGrade has successfully read the answer sheet and identified the student ID number
- Within minutes you’ll be through that big stack of tests. Not only that, you’ll have nearly-instant data about student comprehension
If you want to try before you buy, ZipGrade allows users to download the app for free and use it 100 times. Thereafter, you’ll have to pay a small subscription fee ($1.99 for two months or $6.99 for the year).
ZipGrade has one final noteworthy feature: It uses free answer sheets that come in either 20 or 50 question format. If you need fewer or more questions, you can customize your own sheets, too!